Labels

Saturday, June 22, 2019

VITTORIO, MY FIRST COUSIN



Given that I organized my angel Giorgia to meet both my cousins who live in Milan – as they have been living since their birth – today I want spend few words about the (important) cousin I have, who since goes by last name Lingiardi like me, is my paternal cousin, son of my dad’s brother – zio Dino who too used to be a pretty important man in his work, while my own dad was in fact the C.E.O. of the US company Massey Ferguson Dino was the C.E.O. of Alfa Romeo, in fact , why the heck my parents cars always were of this brand? I can say that practically I grew up inside an Alfa Romeo and I can say the model names of these cars at least since the late 60ies, what puts a smile on my face is that since my father had by contract a company car, my mother used to drive one too…..the passed on from her husband …..my dad.
What I remember most about my zio Dino is the huge amount of cigarettes he was always smoking (on the beach by the sea while on vacation too) in fact this is the reason of his passing over way younger than my dad (my dad was 88 and zio Dino was probably 78….not sure though) my dad told me that the way zio Dino died was by suffocation, his lungs were filled of carbon and therefore couldn’t put fresh oxygen in the blood – on the side I can repeat that my dad being in the hospital room when his brother Dino passed over, he said to have clearly seen Dino’s soul leaving his body.
I want to add that at Dino’s funeral there were at least 2.000 people, once the church got completely  filled, people filled the entire square in front.
The name Dino was the simple nickname (or shortening) of the name he was baptized with….Alfredino and this is the name we always used since I was still a puppy myself.
Now – as you can see in both the links and Youtubes in English (took me till midnight to find them last night) Vittorio is a pretty major psychologist, who has published several books in his field already AND is a current professor at the probably most important university in Italy….La Sapienza in Rome (capital of Italy, my birth-state), in fact I know that he travels every week by speed train between Milan (where his studio of practice is) and Rome (where the university where he teaches is located).
I cannot say it to be too easy to get him on the phone, email or Skype, but every time I can do it, we can still laugh about the many summer vacations we did together, in particular one of the funniest was when we went (both families) to Greece.
Of course I was the aggressive scuba diver I always was while he was into the culture and history of that part of Greece.
We were in fact in the middle of the Kalcidik peninsulas where the inhabitants chose the armistice with Sparta. 
The Olympic Games, Nemea and Isthmia were the most important athletic events in the ancient times which marked the history of Greek civilization and the athletic spirit. What I remember as an interesting “exploration” we did while vacationing there is the boat excursion we did to Mount Athos that’s one these 3 peninsulas right in front of the ne we were vacationing in (at a very large and very luxurious hotel) that’s filled of religious monks who live (and die) as hermits in the caves spread all around the very steep slopes of that mountainous peninsula.
The funniest episode I have memory of our being there is when zio Dino decided to test my pneumatic spear-head gun to fish underwater.
Well here’s how he thought to do the test:
“we were all sitting over the inflatable rubber sides of our Zodiacs and zio Dino took my “medisten” to shoot the harpoon over the sea-surface to look I don’t know what, of course the harpoon is tied to the “gun” with a nylon cord, which made the harpoon bounce back as soon as it reached the end of the cord……well, it’s easy to imagine that when the harpoon bounced back, it just put a hole in the inflatable side of his Zodiac, I cannot even begin to say the amount of insults and very offensive adjectives my dad screamed to his brother Dino, it took 3 full days to repair the hole using a very special type of glue.
This instance was about as funny as when Vittorio’s sister (Alba) was screaming at the top of her lungs out of the car’s window where she was (her dad Dino) craaackeeers because very hungry, we still talk and laugh about it now…..40+ years later.
Bottom line my own cousin – the very important and highly respected psychologist he has become - shares the same opinion of my mother (his aunt) in saying that there’s nothing wrong with the way I think, process information, logic and intelligence, BUT given that he isn’t a (US patented) neuropsich. There’s truly nothing he can say or do for me neither has he had any confidence (trust) in the US conservatorship laws…
Now I’m very pleased to say that my angel Giorgia is going to meet Vittorio and Alba in Milan very soon and it’s all been already organized by me (the idiot who can’t count to 3, according to the related laws and to the 2 brain injured judges who used them against me & amy my 2 conservators-losers....).
  1. https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/111095.Vittorio_Lingiardi
  2.  http://www.raffaellocortina.com/scheda-libro/vittorio-lingiardi/mindscapes-9788860309327ITA-2690.html
  3. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Vittorio_Lingiardi2
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vittorio_Lingiardi



No comments: